Osteopathy is a form of health care that prevents disease and maintains a patient’s health and well-being through techniques of manipulation, aimed at the muscles and joints of the body. Osteopathy treatment primarily focuses on the relationship between the spinal column, the nervous system, circulatory system and a patient’s nutrition. It also combines focused corrective exercises with lifestyle factors to target and treat the cause of symptoms.
Osteopaths will refer patients to other health care providers if the patient’s condition is better treated through other medical approaches.
Our Osteopath clinic is conveniently just a 15 minute walk away from Harrow & Wealdstone Station and Harrow-On-The-Hill station in London, and in the vibrant town of Hall Green, Birmingham with neighbouring Shirley and Sollihul.
Osteopaths work to restore your body to a balance state and give your body the best opportunity for healing. The philosophy of Osteopathy has four main principles that govern the approach to treatment:
1. The body is a unit - Osteopaths look at the body as a whole, trying to understand how each body part interacts with each other and each system effects the other.
2. Structure governs function and vice versa - This is the understanding that if your structure is compromised it will affect the way your body functions and if your body moves or functions in a certain way it will have an affect on the way you form your structure.
3. The body has its own healing mechanisms - We all know that if we cut ourselves it will automatically begin to heal itself. The same is true for any internal injuries that might happen. The only problem is that we have not created the right environment for this process to take place. For example, if I cut my forearm but then keep rubbing it all day, will it heal? The environment has to be optimal for this process to occur.
4. The artery reigns supreme - In order for our bodies to heal it needs a good blood supply to bring healing cells to our injured area and also remove any waste or toxic substances that may be lurking around.
Through Osteopathic manipulative therapy we can treat a variety of patients including the young, pregnant women, elderly, sports people and also treat different conditions, some of which are listed below:
- Back pain
- Postural problems
- Minor sports injuries
- Neck Pain
- Arthritis pain
- Foot and ankle pain
All Osteopaths are regulated by the General Osteopathic Council and are required to renew their registration each year after submitting hours of CPD training.
We offer effective Osteopathic treatment in Harrow for a variety of musculoskeletal dysfunctions using hands-on techniques and corrective exercises and
our understanding of human biomechanics
- £60 Consultation + Treatment (1 hour)
- £45 Follow-up Treatment (30 mins)
Insurance: If you are covered by medical insurance please inform us when booking an appointment.